SIG 05 Conference 2020
A-synchronous Presentations are now closed,
You can contact the presenter, see book of abstracts below.
Topics (arranged by sessions) include
- The Kibbutz Junkyard Playground - Past and Present
- The Digital Era in Early Childhood Education
- Scientific Thinking and Inquiry-Based Learning
- Executive Functions, Attention, Theory of Mind and Self-Regulation
- Families, Parenting and Diversity
- The Home Learning Environment
- Problem Solving and Reasoning
- Early Literacy
- Early Math Skills
- ECEC Environment and Child Development
- Social-Emotional Development
- Teacher’s Training in Early Childhood Education
- Symposium - Mindfulness based interventions in educational settings
- Learning Disabilities
We thank all presenters, the Book of Abstracts can be found in the attached file.
Synchronous Academic Event
On July 16th, 11:00 AM (UTC+2, e.g, London 10:00 AM, Amsterdam, Berlin 11:00 AM, Jerusalem 12:00 AM).
11:00-11:15 Opening and Greetings
11:15-12:30 Multicultural acculturation and identity
12:30-12:40 Virtual Coffee Break
12:40-13:20 Creativity: A developmental perspective
13:20-14:00 Executive Functions across countries
See the attached file for full program, lecturers and abstracts.
Registration is free of charge, however we need to know in advance how many people intend to attend the online event. If you intend to attend EARLI SIG 5 2020 online event on July 16th, please register here: July 16 ONLINE event - registration
CALL for SUBMISSIONS
We are pleased to invite you to submit proposals for presentation at the 2020 EARLI SIG 5 in Bar-Ilan University, Israel. EARLI SIG 5 focuses on learning and development from birth to the age of eight. The conference serves as a platform for international collaboration and exchange of ideas, as well as evidence-based discussions of early childhood research in education and development.
The 2020 program theme is:
Early Childhood Education: Growing Up in Dynamic and Changing Times
The conference theme addresses recent societal, educational and technological changes that affect early childhood education and care (ECEC). These developments include, but are not limited to, new insights from neuroscience into early childhood; the increasing emphasis on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics), learning through play and interactions with the physical and human environment; recognition of the importance of social-emotional and motivational competency aspects as well as inclusion and growing diversity in children’s educational pathways.
Please note that these central topics are not intended to limit the scope of the submissions, but to serve as inspiration. All proposals that fit within the domains of the EARLI SIG 5 are welcome. Typical research topics that may be addressed include for example:
- The role of play and pedagogy in relation to cognitive and motivational outcomes
- Insights from neuroscience into typical and atypical development
- STEAM education in early childhood curriculum
- Social relationships among peers as well as between young children and teachers
- The cooperation between educational settings and parents
- The role of classroom management, instructional quality and educational environment in the quality of learning processes
- Pre-School/School effectiveness
- Social inclusion
- Teaching and learning processes
- Multilingual and multicultural society
Symposia (duration: 90 minutes) provide an opportunity to present research on one topic, often from multiple perspectives, compiling a coherent set of papers for discussion. They involve 3-4 presenters and one discussant from at least two different countries and are directed by a chairperson.
Paper sessions (duration: 90 minutes) are oral presentations of four papers, followed by a discussion with the audience. The duration of each oral presentation is 15 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions and discussion. Paper presentations are submitted individually and are grouped into sessions by topic.
Poster sessions (duration: 90 minutes) are interactive and structured (i.e. including 3 minutes introduction for each poster), giving researchers the opportunity to visualize their work and opportunities for interaction and discussion. Research at its earlier stages as well as more advanced research is suitable for poster sessions. Poster presentations are submitted individually and are grouped into sessions by topic.
- All submissions should be done completely anonymously, to ensure a fair review process. Please do not include your name in your abstract or extended summary.
- All presenting authors of accepted papers and all participants in accepted sessions (presenting authors, chairs, and discussants) are expected to register and attend the EARLI SIG 5 Conference and be present at the scheduled sessions. Please note that proposals will be removed if the presenting author has not registered for the conference by May 15th.
- To promote broad participation in the EARLI SIG 5 Conference, an individual may not appear as first author on more than one submission. In addition, an individual may not appear on the program more than four times (e.g., in the role of chair, discussant, or presenter). The participation limit does not include participation in invited speaker sessions or any session connected with the EARLI SIG 5 committee or awards.
- All proposals must be in English and submitted electronically through the submissions page.
Symposium: Proposals should consist of an abstract of up to 250 words informing about the objectives of the symposium and its scientific importance, as well as 100-250 words per presentation that should include the aims, the methods, the results, and the discussion of findings. Please bear in mind that the presenters should be from at least two different countries (this can include the discussant). The chairperson is responsible for collecting and submitting all symposium details, including general information and paper contributions. In the processes of review and acceptance, preference will be given to symposia consisting of at least one (but not all) junior or early career researcher among presenting authors.
Paper: Proposals should consist of an abstract of up to 250 words including the aims, the methods, the results, and the discussion of findings, as well as an extended summary of up to 1000 words (including references) that should provide detailed information about the aims, the methods, the findings and the theoretical and practical significance of the study. Figures and tables should be avoided. The extended summary will be used for review purposes only. To be accepted, empirical papers must contain data, methods and results. Theoretical papers are welcome.
Poster: Proposals should consist of an abstract of up to 250 words including the aims, the methods, the results, and the discussion of findings, as well as an extended summary of up to 1000 words (including references) that should provide detailed information about the aims, the methods, the findings and the theoretical and practical significance of the study. Figures and tables should be avoided. The extended summary will be used for review purposes only. Theoretical papers are welcome.
Submission ends: January 10th.
We look forward to seeing you in Israel!
For questions email us at: email@example.com
Submission to SIG 05 Conference 2020 is now Closed!
Submission ended Jan. 10th, 2020
See books of submitted abstracts below
To submit your proposal, login into EARLI https://www.earli-eapril.org/ and login with your credentials.
On your dashboard go to MY SUBMISSIONS, and click on submission.
On the Create submission list, select the SIG 5 conference 2020, and click new submission.
Become a Reviewer
We kindly ask you to support the review process.
As you submit your proposal click on the MY REVIEWS on the top panel and
- On the right side you will find an overview of “Upcoming Review Dates”
- Please click “I want to become a reviewer for this conference” at SIG 5 Conference 2020
- In a new window you can select the research domains, interest groups and keywords for which you would like to review
- Choose at least four keywords and click “Add”. Afterwards please click “Sign up as a review candidate”.
Virtual Academic Event Submission
Please record your 15 minute full paper presentation or 3 minute poster presentation and share a link with us by June 24th. Here are instructions on how to record a Power Point talk. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8JV3w4TOVw
Please add the title of the talk, authors, presenter(s), abstract, and the shared link at: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=FE4jYYdbZ0usGY_qqLqPElAAZm5agARNuLLBq82XH4JUQjZGQTA1REs1VTQ2UVQ0RFBXWVQxME1HRy4u
Alternatively, it is possible to record the presentation and store it on the conference drive, and report a shared link. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of your talk and request for a shared presentation drive. Upload your talk and create a shared link (for viewing only). Then fill the form at:
The organizing committee of the 6th international conference of EARLI SIG 5
For questions email us at: email@example.com